Immunization Information

New York State Public Health laws require that all students born on or after January 1, 1957, who wish to enroll for six or more credits in any one semester, provide proof of immunity to measles, mumps and rubella (MMR).

Students will not be allowed to register for classes until they have submitted their immunization records to the College's Wellness Center Office, showing proof of at least one measles immunization. Students will then be required to provide proof of second immunization within thirty days to continue classes.

Acceptable proof of immunity may be:

  1. Documentation of live virus vaccine given after 1/1/68 and on or after your first birthday for
    • measles - two doses at least 28 days apart
    • mumps one dose
    • rubella one dose
  2. Documentation of physician diagnosed disease and date of diagnosis for measles and mumps only; immunization or a positive titer required for rubella
  3. Laboratory serologic proof of immunity (positive titer) for measles, mumps and rubella

Immunizations are not provided on campus. They are available free of charge to prospective college students through the Orange County Department of Health. For a copy of the clinic schedule please call the Wellness Center at 341-4870.

Students who were immunized in childhood but do not have immunization records must provide proof of immunity to measles, mumps, and rubella with positive titers. Titers are blood tests done at a doctors office. Students who do not have a primary care provider can call the Wellness Center for a list of physicians who work with our students.

In addition, all students, regardless of age, must sign and return the college's Meningitis Response Form (below), indicating they have received the information about meningococcal disease and have either received or waived the vaccine.

  • Meningitis Response Form

    This is a PDF file. If you have trouble accessing this form please contact the Wellness Center at 341- 4870.

Records may be dropped off at the Wellness Center office in Middletown; mailed to SUNY Orange Wellness Center, 115 South St, Middletown, NY 10940; or faxed to 845-341-4872.

Please refer all questions to the Wellness Center at 341-4870 or send an email to

If you plan to enroll in a Health Professions program, please see additional immunization information under Health Professions Physical Requirements at left.