Other links (clicking on these will take you away from this page)
- Detailed Student Information - Program Content, Grades, Physicals, Costs, Financial Aid, Policies, Student Employment, Student Support Services - plus much more!
- Student News
Info Packet for Prospective Students
- PTA Information Packet for Prospective Students PDF
- PTA Information Packet for Prospective Students Plain Text
The Physical Therapist Assistant Program seeks to admit twenty-four students each September. The deadline for applications is February 1st for the following September. Minimal eligibility requirements for the PTA program are listed in the College's current Viewbook or may be accessed on-line at the following address: http://www.sunyorange.edu/admissions/programs/healthreq.shtml
Anyone with questions regarding the criteria for admissions should contact the Admissions Office, (845)341-4030 (firstname.lastname@example.org). All students accepted into the program are required to attend an orientation program before the beginning of classes in the Fall (date to be announced).
[ top ]
- 2011-2013; 2012-2014; 2013-2015
- Suggested 3 Year Sequence (for students who want to spread the program out)
[ top ]
[ top ]
The curriculum of the PTA program is rigorous. It includes course work in biological, physical and social sciences; humanities; physical therapy technical courses; laboratory instruction on campus; supervised clinical experience and instruction in health care facilities located within many counties of New York (Orange, Sullivan, Dutchess, Ulster, Putnam, Rockland, Westchester, and Albany: and New York City); Pennsylvania, New Jersey, and Connecticut.
Graduates of the two year program receive an A.A.S. Degree in Physical Therapist Assisting and are eligible to sit for the national boards. As per new New York State law, all PTA certification candidates (effective February, 2003) will be required to take the National Physical Therapy Examination for PTAs. The exam will be optional only for those PTAs certified before the new law went into effect. (A seminar will be offered every other year at SUNY Orange to prepare PTAs to take the exam).
[ top ]
- Physical Therapist Assistant Degree
- Pre-Admission Orientation
- Graduates / Job Opportunities
- Clinical Education
- Continuing Education / Legislative Issues
- Clubs & Photos
Dr. Maria Masker, Chair