This is a supplemental insurance benefit. There are payroll deductions associated with each of the plans. AFLAC (American Family Life Assurance Company), we offer these benefits on a pre-tax basis (except disability):
Personal Short-Term Disability
If you work full-time (over 30 hours per week) and are totally disabled within 90 days of a covered sickness or injury, AFLAC will pay a benefit for each day you remain totally disabled (unable to perform the material and substantial duties of your full-time job). The flexibility of this plans allows you to determine your own elimination period benefit amount and the corresponding rates. This coverage is designed to cover the period of time that you are disabled until your long term disability takes effect in 180 days (6 months). This coverage is not pre-taxed.
Voluntary Indemnity Plan (Hospital Confinement)
If you are hospitalized you will pay you per day for your hospital stay.
When a covered person has surgery performed for a covered sickness or injury in a hospital or ambulatory surgical center, AFLAC New York will pay you. Please see the brochure for details, limitations and exceptions. In addition you will also receive Ambulance benefits.
Personal Accident Expense Plan
This plan benefits include:
- Emergency Treatment
- Follow-up Treatment
- Initial Hospitalization
- Hospital Confinement
- And so much more
AFLAC New York's Personal Accident Expense Plan is designed to help cover the expenses associated with an accidental injury. It pays you directly, unless you assign the benefits, regardless of any other insurance you may have.
Personal Lifestyle Protector Cancer Plan
With the current costs of health care, most families would not be without basic personal medical insurance. However, even the best medical plan will not cover 100% of your costs. AFLAC pays cash directly to you, unless assigned, regardless of any other insurance you may have.
If cancer strikes, you will need help with deductibles, cost-sharing expenses, non-medical expenses including travel, food, lodging, phone and household help as well as out of pocket expenses for normal everyday living costs like car payments, mortgage or rent, etc.
This policy is designed to supplement your existing accident and sickness coverage only when certain losses occur as a result of the disease of cancer and other diseases and conditions caused, complicated or aggravated by or resulting from cancer or cancer treatment.
Effective January 1, 2009 AFLAC now offers Life Insurance coverage to all employees.
- We keep it simple by offering 2 different types of policies for you and your family. Whole life provides a cash value & covers you for a lifetime; Term life covers you for a specific period of time providing a death benefit only.
- You can choose AFLAC as your main source of coverage or use it to enhance the coverage you already have.
- AFLAC belongs to you, not your company – so you can take it with you whenever you leave.
- There’s no waiting period requiring you to work a certain length of time to become eligible for benefits.
- Our premiums are stable – so you know how much it is going to cost. That never changes as long as you pay your premium.
- Unlike some other insurance plans, AFLAC covers not only you, but offers coverage options for your spouse and children.
- It’s offered through convenient payroll deduction
With all of the AFLAC policies please refer to the brochures or contact Human Resources for further information or call our AFLAC representative Gina Hillman at (845) 457-3924.
- Employment Opportunities
- SUNY Orange Policies
- Employee Handbook
- New Employee Information
- Professional Development
- Holiday Schedule
- Title IX
- Diversity at SUNY Orange
- Payroll Department >
- Helpful Links
- Contact Us
- News and Events
Human Resources Information:Phone: (845) 341-4660
Fax: (845) 341-4670
Located in Orange Hall,
115 South Street Middletown, NY 10940