This is a supplemental insurance benefit. There are payroll deductions associated with each of the plans. AFLAC (American Family Life Assurance Company) offers these benefits on a pre-tax basis (except disability and life):
Short-Term Disability Income Insurance
If you work full-time (over 30 hours per week) and are disabled within 90 days of a covered sickness or injury, AFLAC will pay a benefit for each day you remain disabled (unable to perform the material and substantial duties of your full-time job). The flexibility of this plans allows you to determine your own elimination period, benefit amount and the corresponding rates. This coverage is designed to cover the period of time that you are disabled until your long term disability takes effect in 180 days (6 months). This coverage is not pre-taxed.
AFLAC Cancer Care
With the current costs of health care, most families would not be without basic personal medical insurance. However, even the best medical plan will not cover 100% of your costs. AFLAC pays cash directly to you, unless assigned, regardless of any other insurance you may have.
If cancer strikes, you will need help with deductibles, cost-sharing expenses, non-medical expenses including travel, food, lodging, phone and household help as well as out of pocket expenses for normal everyday living costs like car payments, mortgage or rent, etc.
Accident Indemnity Advantage
Accidents happen to all kinds of people every day. What would the financial impact of an injury mean to your security? Out of pocket expenses associated with an accident are unexpected and often burdensome. This plan benefit includes
- Emergency Treatment
- Follow-up Treatment
- Initial Hospitalization
- Hospital Confinement
- And so much more
AFLAC now offers Life Insurance coverage to all employees.
- We keep it simple by offering 2 different types of policies for you and your family. Whole life provides a cash value & covers you for a lifetime; Term life covers you for a specific period of time providing a death benefit only.
- You can choose AFLAC as your main source of coverage or use it to enhance the coverage you already have.
- AFLAC belongs to you, not your company – so you can take it with you whenever you leave.
- There’s no waiting period requiring you to work a certain length of time to become eligible for benefits.
- Our premiums are stable – so you know how much it is going to cost. That never changes as long as you pay your premium.
- Unlike some other insurance plans, AFLAC covers not only you, but offers coverage options for your spouse and children.
- It’s offered through convenient payroll deduction
Lump Sum (Specific Disease Coverage)
AFLAC will pay the Specified Disease Event Major Benefit amount shown in the policy schedule upon a Covered Person's Onset Date of any of the following Specified-Disease Events:
- Heart attack
- End-Stage Renal Failure
- Major Human Organ Transplant
This policy helps you focus on recuperation instead of the distraction and stress over the costs of medical and personal bills.
With all of the AFLAC policies please refer to the brochures or contact Human Resources for further information or call our AFLAC representative Gina Hillman at (845) 457-3924.
- Employment Opportunities
- SUNY Orange Policies
- Employee Handbook
- Professional Development
- Holiday Schedule
- Title IX
- Diversity at SUNY Orange
- Payroll Department
- Helpful Links
- Contact Us
- News and Events
Human Resources Information:Phone: (845) 341-4660
Fax: (845) 341-4670
Located in Orange Hall,
115 South Street Middletown, NY 10940