Welcome to the Criminal Justice Department
- Are you interested in law enforcement, criminology, criminal law or private security?
- Do you want receive a unique internship experience that will enhance your understanding of the complex criminal justice system?
- Would you like to graduate from the same program from which many local offices and police chiefs graduated?
If your answer to any of these questions is yes, you should strongly consider examining what the SUNY Orange Criminal Justice department has to offer.
The Criminal Justice Department offers a degrees in Criminal Justice and Police Science.
These programs help prepare students for transfer to four-year colleges and also to enter the workforce directly, for careers in the courts, corrections, law enforcement, private security and more.
A Certificate Program in Law Enforcement/Security is also available. The program designed for students who are interested in a career in law enforcement or industrial security.
Students who complete this program will be certified to seek employment as security officers with local or state security agencies.
The Criminal Justice Club allows students to expand and enhance their educational program.
"I never imagined when I enrolled in the SUNY Orange Criminal Justice Program that it would lead me to a successful 30 year career in law enforcement."
- Sgt. David Green (Retired)
As a SUNY Orange Criminal Justice student, you will:
- attain a fundamental understanding of the many issues facing the criminal justice and law enforcement agencies today.
- receive instruction from knowledgable and experienced faculty, many of which are retired or active law enforcement officers.
- be prepared for further education or formidable careers in law enforcement or criminal justice.
Regardless of your academic path, you will find that the Criminal Justice Department has something for you. Please feel free to contact the Department Chair Dennis O'Loughlin at (845) 341-4355 or via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org, or an Admissions counselor, for more information.