“I knew attending SUNY Orange would open many doors for me when I was ready to graduate. The A.S. Accounting program prepared me very well for transferring and assimilating to a four-year institution.
I credit this level of readiness to the committed faculty and various resources the College has to offer. The professors make themselves approachable and go out of their way to help each student.”
-- Chris Skoog
Accounting is the fundamental information system used to record, report and analyze financial information throughout the business world. The field of accounting offers careers in public accounting, private business, not-for-profit organizations or government entities. You can choose from the following fields or even develop your own. The choice is up to you.
Why Accounting at SUNY Orange?
The answer is simple: success and cost! For more than 50 years, we have been sending students to upper division accounting programs. Our outstanding success rate for transfer students completing a bachelor’s degree along with our tremendously affordable tuition rates, makes SUNY Orange the logical place to start on the road to the accounting career you desire.
Top five reasons to study Accounting at SUNY Orange:
- Small classes, credentialed faculty, individual attention and available online coursework.
- Nationally accredited by the Association of Collegiate Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP).
- Software applications with QuickBooks Pro and Microsoft Office.
- Internship experience for those who want to build their resumes.
- Graduates can transfer to accredited accounting programs to pursue CPA licensure or to Franklin University for a bachelor’s degree in Accounting.
We offer three accounting program choices:
|Accounting Degree / Certificate||Program Description & Career Paths|
|Associates in Science (A.S.)||For students who wish to transfer to a four-year college or university.|
|Applied Associates in Science (A.A.S.)||For students who wish to seek immediate employment in the accounting field after receiving their associates degree.|
|Accounting Procedures Certificate||For students who wish to seek immediate employment in the accounting fields after receiving a one-year certificate.|
We are small enough to give you individual attention and experienced enough to give you individual encouragement. Our dedicated and experienced faculty will provide individual guidance to help you reach your educational and career goals. Please feel free to contact the department Chair, or an Admissions counselor, for more information.
- Accounting Degrees
- Business Degrees
- Marketing Degree
- Medical Office Assistant Degree
- Office Technologies Degrees
- Middletown Business Club
- Newburgh Business Club
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Important Links
- VITA-Volunteer Income Tax Assistance
- ACBSP Accreditation
Suzanne Krissler, Chair
115 South Street
Middletown, NY 10940