- Are you looking to work in the financial sector or the global marketplace?
- Do you want to be prepared to enter the business world?
- Would you like to complete your resume with internship experience?
If your answer to any of these questions is yes, you should strongly consider examining why the SUNY Orange Business Department is the educational choice of Orange County for business and beyond.
A Business Degree is more than just a series of classes; it's an investment in your future. It will teach you to think about business in ways you didn't expect.
It will teach you to look at business in ways that will keep you thinking far into the 21st century, and will help you keep competitive in a rapidly changing, technologically challenging global marketplace.
"Through the experience of my internship, I quickly became prepared for the business world. The internship program helped me to bridge the gap from the theories and cases I was learning in class to what really happens in the workplace. SUNY Orange helped me sort out what I want and don't want to do with my future."
-- Heidi Grodecki
Business isn't just about numbers, or about statistics; it's about adapting and change. Education is the key to real success in the 21st century.
There are several Business programs that can prepare students for transfer to a four-year institution or to immediately start their career.
- The A.S. degree is designed for those who plan to continue their education at a four year college. A. S. degree programs are in Accounting and Business Administration.
- The A.A.S. degree is designed as a career-oriented curriculum. However, certain four-year colleges will transfer all or most of the credits. A.A.S. degree programs are in Accounting, Business Management, Marketing, Medical Office Assistant, and Office Technologies.
- Certificates - are designed to provide students the opportunity to develop business skills at the collegiate level. Certificate are offered in Accounting Procedures, Business Studies, Clerical Office Assistant.
Please see your advisor to determine which of the degree programs is best for your academic needs. To learn more about the curriculum in each degree program, please click on the program in the left-hand column.
The Business Department seeks to provide students with educational activities to develop the necessary critical thinking, technical, problem solving, and communication skills in order to fulfill their career or transfer goals.
All of the Business Department degree programs are accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP)†, 7007 College Boulevard, Suite 420, Overland Park, KS, 66211. The A.S. and A.A.S. degrees have been approved by ACBSP and the SUNY NYS Education Department for online distance learning delivery. This does not mean that SUNY Orange offers every course in the program in an online format. Please check the current credit bulletin for online DL virtual course listings offered each semester.
- Student Assessment Results by Program (2011 QA ACBSP Report) (PDF)
- Student Assessment Results by Program (2011 QA ACBSP Report) (Word)
† The link to ACBSP will leave the SUNY Orange web site. The college cannot be responsible for the content of external web pages, but this site has been reviewed and is recommended by the SUNY Orange Business Department.
- Accounting Degrees
- Business Degrees
- Marketing Degree
- Medical Office Assistant Degree
- Office Technologies Degrees
- Middletown Business Club
- Newburgh Business Club
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Important Links
- VITA-Volunteer Income Tax Assistance
- ACBSP Accreditation
Suzanne Krissler, Chair
115 South Street
Middletown, NY 10940