- Associates of Arts Degree from SUNY Orange
- Bachelors of Arts Degree in Psychology from Adelphi University
- Masters of Science Degree in Psychology from University of Phoenix.
My experience ranges from working with:
- Children with special needs (including children with behavioral disorders, language and communication disorders, and Autism Spectrum Disorders)
- Teens and Adults in crisis
- Children and Adults with developmental disabilities
- Children and families through a School-based casework program
Since beginning teaching I have taught Psychology of Adjustment, General Psychology I and II, Child Psychology, and Developmental Psychology.
Other responsibilities and volunteer work at the college:
I have also worked in the Advising and Counseling office at the college assisting students with the registration process, guiding them towards their academic and personal goals, and presenting New START Workshops to incoming and returning students.
During my time here at SUNY Orange I have been an active member of the college serving as a club advisor for the Psychology Club here at SUNY Orange, volunteering at New Student Orientations and Open House events, and coordinating events with community services to help raise awareness and understanding of mental health and social issues that our diverse student and community population face.
I am extremely passionate about psychology and how EVERYTHING we study in the field can be applied and useful in everyday life.
I am also extremely passionate about education. I believe in empowering students to be active participants in their education and life.
I believe that bad things happen to good people, but ultimately, life is about choices, and we are responsible for the choices that we make.
Nothing is more empowering that knowing that we may not choose everything that happens in our life, but we can choose how we react and move forward.
"I know of no more encouraging fact than the unquestionable ability of man to elevate his life by conscious effort."
-- Henry David Thoreau
"I am only one, but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can do something; and because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do."
-- Helen Keller
- Human Services Degree
- Liberal Arts Degree
- Department Courses
- Clubs and Events