The Academic Advising department is looking to hire three students for Peer Advisor positions in Middletown and Newburgh. Peer Advising is an opportunity for students who enjoy helping others and want to gain experience in leadership, public relations, office assistance and student services. Learn more about the position and application process on our Peer Advising Program page. Applications are due by October 17, 2014.
Advising & Registration Dates
Important Dates for Spring and Summer 2015 Advising & Registration
- 10/14 Spring and Summer 2015 schedule of classes available online
- 11/3 Spring and Summer 2015 registration begins for currently enrolled students who have earned 30+ credits and those in a Health Professions or Exercise Studies program
- 11/4 Spring and Summer 2015 registration begins for currently enrolled students who have earned 15+ credits
- 11/5 Spring and Summer 2015 registration begins for all currently enrolled, returning and readmitted students
11/17 Spring 2015 New START workshops begin for new students. If you are a new student, go to our New Student Advising page for more information.
- Advisors will have limited availability to assist Continuing students from this point forward. Please check our office hours and walk-in hours.
- 1/5 Tuition payment deadline for Spring 2015
- 1/16 5:00 pm – Spring 2015 PIN’s are deactivated
- 1/16 Last day to drop classes for full refund of tuition for Spring 2015 (fees are non-refundable)
- 1/20 Spring 2015 semester begins
- 1/20-1/26 Spring 2015 add/drop period
- 5/18 Tuition payment deadline for Summer 2015
- 5/22 5:00 pm – Summer 2015 PIN’s are deactivated for Summer Session I and II
- 5/22 Last day to drop classes for full refund of tuition for Summer Session I (fees are non-refundable)
- 5/26 Summer Session I begins
- 5/26-5/27 Summer Session I add/drop period
- 7/2 Last day to drop classes for full refund of tuition for Summer Session II (fees are non-refundable)
- 7/6 Summer Session II begins
- 7/6-7/7 Summer Session II add/drop period
- Once the semester begins, students are required to obtain the Instructor’s signature to register for an online course.
- After the Add/Drop period, students are required to obtain the Instructor’s signature and the Department Chair’s signature to add a course.
Go to our Prepare to Meet an Advisor and Advising Resources pages to:
- Prepare for your advising session
- Check our office hours and walk-in/ appointment schedule
- See if you are eligible to register online
- Learn how to use your MySUNYOrange account to look up classes, register online, find your assigned advisor, etc.
- Mission & Goals
- RATE Your Advising Experience† >
- Hours/Staff Information
- Continuing Student Advising
- New Student Advising
- Advising Resources
- Student Success Workshops
- Ask an Advisor
- Personal Counseling at the Wellness Center >
- Peer Advising Program
- Transfer Advising
- Veteran's Affairs
Shepard Student Center
Student Services Central
† Advising Survey hosted by SurveyMonkey.com