The Wellness Center offers mental health support and referral services to enhance and facilitate the educational experience.
- Our Personal Counselor and Mental Health Liaison are available to provide crisis intervention, assessment, support and referrals to students needing assistance adjusting to college life or experiencing mental health difficulties. This includes helping students to assess, identify and manage personal and mental health difficulties within the context of their academic experience, and connecting students to appropriate resources.
- Information shared with the Personal Counselor and Mental Health Liaison is confidential unless disclosure is required to prevent clear and imminent danger to the student or others, or when legal requirements demand that confidential information be revealed. When disclosure is required, only information that is essential will be revealed and the student will be informed to the best extent possible.
- Within the guidelines of confidentiality, the Personal Counselor and Mental Health Liaison may seek in-house professional consultation when it is deemed necessary and/or may request written permission to speak with other relevant parties.
- Referrals to community resources are available and will be made when requested or deemed necessary, however follow-through is at the discretion of the student.
To schedule an appointment with a Counselor, please call the Wellness Center at 845-341-4870.
*If you need immediate assistance when the Center is not open please call:
- Campus Security at 845-341-4710.
- "211" for any health and human service questions.
- 1-888-750-2266 Mobile Mental Health (available 24hrs. a day/7 days a week)
Crisis Intervention, Community Resources, and Mental Health Information
Clicking on the links below will take you out of the SUNY Orange Web site. The college cannot be responsible for the content on these pages, although the links on this page have been reviewed and are recommended by the members of the Advising & Counseling Center.
24-hour emergency services
Suicide Prevention Lifeline 1-800-273-8255
24-hour hotline available to anyone in suicidal crisis or emotional distress.
Mobile Mental Health 1-888-750-2266
24-hour crisis intervention and assistance. Provides help to individuals and families experiencing a mental or emotional crisis when other services may be unavailable. Mental Health Staff respond to people at home within Orange County, providing assessment, support and intervention.
National Domestic Violence Hotline 1-800-799-7233
24-hour anonymous and confidential resource assistance.
Safe Homes of Orange County 1-888-503-4673
24-hour confidential hotline providing emergency, non-emergency and wrap-around services for individuals and families affected by domestic violence. Services include providing shelter, advocacy, support groups, individual support, accompaniment, and information/referral to residential and non-residential clients.
Hudson Valley Region 211 2-1-1 or 1-800-899-1479
24-hour information and resource referral for community and government-based health and human service programs. Online directory of community-based services (food, clothing, shelter, physical and mental health resources, etc.) searchable by zip code and need.
Mental Health Association in Orange County, Inc. 1-800-832-1200
24-hour Helpline/Rapeline crisis intervention and referrals. Promotes the positive mental health and emotional well-being of Orange County residents. Works toward reducing the stigma of mental illness and developmental disabilities. Provides support to victims of sexual assault and other crimes.
Employee Assistance Program (EAP): 1-800-962-7487
24-hour confidential professional help provided free for eligible SUNY Orange employees and their dependent family members having personal problems (interpersonal conflict, alcohol and drug abuse/dependency, financial hardship, physical illness, legal difficulties, gambling, mental and emotional distress, eating disorders, etc.) Additional information about EAP is available from the Human Resources Office at 341-4660.
National Alliance on Mental Illness 1-800-950-NAMI (6264)
Provides support, education, referrals, and advocacy to with people with mental illness, their families, friends, mental health professionals, and the general public.
Substance Abuse & Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) 1-800-662-4357
Information and resource referral service. Substance abuse and mental health treatment locator searchable online by zip code.
Information and resources for protecting your emotional health and what to do if you or a friend is struggling with mental health issues. Offers a Self Evaluator: a 5 to 10 minute self-assessment to learn if a treatable mental health problem could be affecting you or a friend.
Legal Services of the Hudson Valley 1-877-574-8529
Provides legal services for families and individuals threatened with eviction, for public benefits (federal and state), for families and individuals with disabilities and HIV, families with developmentally delayed children, and protection from domestic violence.
Orange County Bar Association Legal Aid Society (845) 291-2454
Provides legal services for those charged with criminal offenses and for financially eligible adults in family court matters.
- About Us
- What to Expect at the Wellness Center
- Insurance Information
- Health & Wellness Education
- Immunization Information
- Sexual Assault Prevention and Reporting
- Health Professions Physical Requirements
- Where to Find CPR Classes
- Access to Health Care
- Health and Wellness Resources
- Faculty and Staff Guidebook
- What to do in an Emergency
- Severe Weather Resources