We provide free programs and events to both the Middletown and Newburgh campuses throughout the year, including:
- An annual wellness fair on each campus
- An annual flu clinic
- Health insurance information sessions
- HIV Quick Test and counseling
- Blood drives and Bone Marrow Registry Drives
- Anonymous online alcohol and mental health screenings
- Cardiac risk assessment, blood sugar, blood pressure, and cholesterol screening
Spring 2015 Events
Need Health Insurance? You still have time!
Wednesday, January 28, 12 PM– 2 PM outside the Rowley Café, Middletown
Enrollment for NY STATE OF HEALTH MARKETPLACE HEALTH INSURANCE continues through February 15th. Navigators will be on campus to answer questions and help you apply for benefits. Navigators are experts who will help you:
- Apply for health insurance coverage
- Understand your coverage options
- Enroll in the right plan for you
FREE. No appointment required. For more info please call the Wellness Center at (845) 341-4870 or MISN at 1-800-453-4666 or visit https://nystateofhealth.ny.gov/
New York Blood Center Blood Drive and Bone Marrow Registry
Help saves lives this Winter! Donate a Pint of Blood
Wednesday, February 4, 10:00am- 8:00pm, Shepard Student Center, MT
You may donate blood, sign up to be part of the Organ Donor Registry, and/or sign up to be part the Bone Marrow Registry!
To Donate Blood You Must:
- Be between 16 and 75 years of age (76+, may donate with a note from physician. 16 Year Old Donors require parental permission on New York Blood Center form)
- Weigh at least 110 pounds
- Eat and be well hydrated before donating
- Present a photo or signature ID (NO SS # Required)
If you have a medical eligibility questions, please call 1-800-688-0900.
For questions or to schedule an appointment contact the Wellness Center at (845) 341-4870 or the New York Blood Center at (800) 933-BLOOD (2566). Walk-ins are always welcome.
Healthy Eating...Healthy You! A workshop about nutrition and academic success
Thursday, February 5, 11AM-1PM, Kaplan Hall, Great Room, Newburgh
FREE SAMPLES of healthy FOOD and beverage options plus a brief presentation at 11:15 am on Nutrition, Health, and ACADEMIC SUCCESS. FREE FOOD samples available on a FIRST-COME, FIRST SERVED basis. All SUNY Orange students, faculty, and staff are welcome! Questions? Contact Michele Iannuzzi Sucich firstname.lastname@example.org
Sponsored by the SUNY Orange Wellness Center & the Student Activities Office with support from a Healthy Orange Grant through the Orange County Department of Health.
National Drug Facts Week – January 26 - February 1
Today’s pop culture - movies, television, music, the internet - is filled with inaccurate information about drugs.
Shatter the Myths!
Visit the Wellness Center tables outside the Sarah Wells Café, Rowley Center, Middletown, and the Hudson Café, Kaplan Hall, Newburgh January 26 – February 1 to take the National Drug IQ Challenge and pick up a free copy of "Drug Facts: Shatter the Myths." You may also browse through our collection of free brochures on both illegal and prescription drug abuse. For more information, call the Wellness Center at 341-4870.
- About Us
- Contact Us
- Immunization Requirements
- Accident and Health Insurance
- Our Events
- Mental Health Counseling
- Sexual Assault Prevention and Reporting
- What to do in an Emergency
- Faculty and Staff Guidebook