We provide free programs and events to both the Middletown and Newburgh campuses throughout the year, including:
- An annual wellness fair on each campus
- An annual flu clinic
- Health insurance information sessions
- HIV Quick Test and counseling
- Blood drives and Bone Marrow Registry Drives
- Anonymous online alcohol and mental health screenings
- Cardiac risk assessment, blood sugar, blood pressure, and cholesterol screening
Great American Smokeout
Thursday, November 20
The benefits of quitting begin on DAY ONE.
Stop by our info tables in the Kaplan and BT Lobbies from 11 am - 1 pm to pick up your free Quit Kit. For more info call us at (845) 341-4870.
The Red Watch Band
Because even one death from alcohol poisoning is too many.
Tuesday, November 18, 2:00 pm - 5:30 pm, Alumni Room, 1st floor, Shepard Student Center, MDT
In this free, interactive program you will learn the risk factors of binge drinking, how to identify the signs and symptoms of alcohol poisoning, and what to about it. Includes Friends & Family CPR training (NOT BLS or certification) and pizza, soda, and dessert. To reserve your spot please call (845) 341-4870.
A collaboration between the Criminal Justice Program and the Wellness Center.
Presented by Professor Robert Cacciatore, Elaine McClung, Mary Mulvihill, and Dr. Mark Parisi.
Reproductive Life Planning - A Women's Issue
The Orange County Maternal Infant Community Health Collaborative will be on both campuses this fall to provide education and outreach to women regarding their reproductive health and life planning. This includes information on women's health such as nutrition, health insurance, immunizations, contraception, and prenatal care. All women of childbearing age are encouraged to visit their info tables.
Middletown - Shepard Center Cafeteria
- Monday, November 10, 10 am -12 pm
- Wednesday, November 19, 10 am - 12 pm
Newburgh - Kaplan Lobby
- Thursday November 29, 10 am -12 pm
Healthy Relationships - A Peer Support Group
Please join the Wellness Center and the Mental Health Association of Orange County, Inc. for an informational meeting about Healthy Relationships and joining the Healthy Relationships Peer Support Group on the Middletown campus. This group is scheduled to meet monthly and will provide a safe forum for members to talk about healthy relationships. New members meet with staff prior to joining the group. For more information please call the Wellness Center at (845) 341-4870.
- 11/24/2014 1:00 PM- 2:00 PM Library room 221
- 11/20/2014 1: 00 PM-2:00 PM Tower building conference room 509
Imagine a World Without AIDS - Word AIDS Day
Monday, December 1, 9 am - 3 pm
Free HIV testing. Free literature
Rowley Center, Room A016
Kaplan Hall, Room 322
Fast. Confidential. Anonymous. Appointments not necessary.
- About Us
- Contact Us
- Immunization Requirements
- Accident and Health Insurance
- Our Events
- Mental Health Counseling
- Sexual Assault Prevention and Reporting
- What to do in an Emergency
- Faculty and Staff Guidebook