Family Health Care
The Wellness Center partners with several community agencies that provide free, low-cost, or income-based medical care to those without medical insurance.
(Following the links below will take you out of the SUNY Orange Web site. The college cannot be responsible for the content of these external sites, although they have been reviewed and are recommended by the members of Wellness Center.)
- Middletown Community Health Center, Inc., 845- 343-7614. A full service diagnostic and treatment Center with ten locations. Services: Dentistry, discounted prescription drugs, Family Planning, Internal Medicine, HIV/AIDS primary care, HIV counseling and testing, mobile health van, Nutrition, Obstetrics and Gynecology, Pediatrics, Podiatry, Social Work, translation services, school-based health center, WIC.
- Greater Hudson Valley Family Health Center Inc., Kaplan Family Pavilion, 147 Lake Street, Newburgh NY, 845-563-8000. Services: Pediatrics & Adolescent Medicine, Internal Medicine, Obstetrics and Gynecology, Dental care, Behavioral Health, Endocrinology, Cardiology, Podiatry, Infectious Diseases, Nutrition, Positive Choices Center (HIV/AIDS), Chemical Dependence Recovery (Center for Recovery), Women, Infants, and Children Services (WIC), Pharmacy (Hudson View Pharmacy), Laboratory (Bio Reference), Urgent Care.
- Planned Parenthood, locations in Middletown (845-343-4432), Newburgh (845-562-7800), and Goshen (845-615-1321). Services: General health care, including physical exams, anemia testing, cholesterol, blood pressure, thyroid, and diabetes screening, flu and tetanus vaccines, help with quitting smoking; birth control; sexually transmitted infection testing and treatment; pregnancy testing; men's sexual health; women's health care.
- Orange County Health Department, several locations throughout Orange County, 845- 291-2332. Services: Immunization clinics, STD and HIV clinics, TB clinics.
- Maternal Infant Services Network, Services: 845- 928-7448. Services: perinatal care, childbirth education, breastfeeding support, low cost medical insurance programs for men, women and children.
- Orange Regional Medical Center's Healthy Heart Program Services: a free mobile clinic that assesses your risk for heart disease. The Healthy Heart Program travels to communities and provides screenings for abnormal blood pressure, body mass index, total cholesterol, triglycerides, low density lipids, high density lipids, and blood sugar in order to calculate a person's risk for heart disease. Several events are scheduled on each campus during Fall and Spring semesters. Check our Events page for details.
- Mental Health Association in Orange County, Inc. 73 James P. Kelly Way (formerly known as County Highway 108), Middletown , NY, 845- 342-2400. Services: a private, not-for-profit organization; provides free mental health services to Orange County residents; operates several hotlines; provides public education and direct services for those dealing with mental illness. HELPLINE/RAPELINE 24 hr crisis intervention information and referrals - (800) 832-1200; calling outside of Orange County ( 845)-346-HELP; Eating Disorders Coalition, Suicide Prevention, Family Support; see web site for more information.
- YWCA Orange County Cancer Services Program, 845- 561-8050 x19. Services: Free breast, cervical, and colon cancer screenings and education to uninsured women and men in Orange County.
- Newburgh Healthy Families, 845-562-7244. Services: provides support and education to expectant mothers and parents of newborns in the 12550 zip code area. Offered by Family Counseling of Occupations, Inc. No cost.
- Hudson River HealthCare, Inc. 75 Orange Avenue, Walden, NY. 1-877-871-4742. Services: Medical, Dental, Podiatry, Nutrition, Diabetes, Smoking Cessation. Accepts most insurances, including Medicare. Sliding fee scale and on-site enrollment for Child Health Plus and managed care plans.
Update October, 2103
- About Us
- What to Expect at the Wellness Center
- Insurance Information
- Health & Wellness Education
- Immunization Information
- Sexual Assault Prevention and Reporting
- Health Professions Physical Requirements
- Where to Find CPR Classes
- Access to Health Care
- Health and Wellness Resources
- Faculty and Staff Guidebook
- What to do in an Emergency
- Severe Weather Resources