The Wellness Center is open to all students, staff, and faculty free of charge. All visits are kept confidential. We provide a safe haven for students and others during difficult or troubling times. Our mission is to promote health education and wellness for our entire campus community, and to assist students in reaching their college and career goals.
In compliance with Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Title VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the Americans with Disabilities Act, New York State Human Rights Law and other federal, state, and local laws, the Wellness Center is committed to ensuring equal employment, educational opportunity, and equal access to services, programs and activities without regard to an individual's race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, disability, gender, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, predisposing genetic characteristics, marital status, veteran status, military status, domestic violence victim status, or ex-offender status.
Our registered nurses are available in the office to consult with students, faculty, and staff regarding common health concerns, such as cold and flu symptoms, minor injuries, headaches, etc., and more serious problems, such as eating disorders, alcohol and substance abuse, and pregnancy. We also serve as first responders when illness and injury occur on campus, to provide first aid and referrals to health providers as needed.
Our mental health counselor and liaison are available to assist students with mental health issues such as anxiety, depression, stress management, PTSD, and more via short-term counselling and referral to community services. We promote several wellness initiatives each semester, including stress management, substance abuse assessment, and suicide prevention.
The Wellness Center maintains all student immunization and health records.
We provide free programs and services to both the Middletown and Newburgh campuses:
- An annual wellness fair on each campus
- An annual flu clinic
- Health insurance information
- Information on family planning and safe sex practices
- HIV Quick Test and counseling several times a year
- Six blood drives per year
- Two Bone Marrow Registry Drives
- Anonymous online alcohol and mental health screenings
- Transfer of immunization and health records to other colleges
- A collection of current health education brochures, pamphlets and internet references on health related issues
- Cardiac risk assessment, blood sugar, blood pressure, and cholesterol screening
- Healthcare consultant to Morrison Lab School and Newburgh Lab School.
We participate in national health education programs:
- The Red Watch Band Program
- The Great American Smokeout
- The Clothesline Project
- National Wear Red Day
- World Aids Day
- Kick Butts Day
- American Heart Association's Annual Heart Walk
- National Eating Disorders Awareness Week
We partner with:
- New York State Department of Health
- Orange County Department of Health
- Orange County Department of Mental Health
- American Red Cross
- New York Blood Center
- Be the Match Bone Marrow Registry
- Planned Parenthood
- American Heart Association
- Orange Regional Medical Center's Healthy Heart Program
- Middletown Community Health Center, Inc.
- The Greater Hudson Valley Family Health Center, Inc.
- Mental Health Association in Orange County, Inc.
- Occupations Inc.
- Maternal Infant Services Network
Following these links will take you out of the SUNY Orange Web site. The college cannot be responsible for the content of these external web sites, although they have been reviewed and are recommended by the members of the Wellness Center staff.
- About Us
- What to Expect at the Wellness Center
- Insurance Information
- Health & Wellness Education
- Immunization Information
- Sexual Assault Prevention and Reporting
- Health Professions Physical Requirements
- Where to Find CPR Classes
- Access to Health Care
- Health and Wellness Resources
- Faculty and Staff Guidebook
- What to do in an Emergency
- Severe Weather Resources