Back to Current Announcements
SUNY Orange Safety Tips
The Safety and Security staff offers the following tips designed to help you increase your awareness of personal safety while at the College. Many of these tips can also apply to you when you are off-campus (running errands, dining out, on vacation, etc.).
- Be alert to your surroundings
- Know your route and stay in well-lighted areas. Walk confidently.
- Walk with other people whenever possible.
- Consider carrying a whistle on your key chain and use it if you find yourself in danger.
- Know the locations of the Blue Light Emergency Call Towers on both campuses.
- Note the number of the parking in which you park in at the Middletown Campus
- Put the Security Dept phone number into your cell phone.
Middletown Campus 341-4710 / Newburgh Campus 341-9533
- To request a Security escort, contact the Safety and Security Office
Safety and Security