Join us for some FREE plant-lovin’ fun at the third annual Hudson Valley Garden Association Plant Swap, hosted by SUNY Orange Sustainability on Saturday, May 31. Plant drop-off and sorting 9 a.m. to 10 a.m., swapping begins at 10 a.m. The event will be held, rain or shine, on the Morrison Hall lawn on the Middletown campus. All are welcome - bring a friend, but not your pet.
Plant swaps are a fun way to get rid of any extra plants you may have (perennial divisions, seedlings, pack annuals, unwanted houseplants) in exchange for new plants by trading with other gardeners.
Tips for first time swappers:
- No invasives
- Plants should be in a container
- Label plants as well as possible (annual/perennial, size, sun/shade, bloom color, etc)
- Bring flats or trays to bring your new plants home in
- Plants should be well watered, pest and disease free
- Dig plants a few days in advance so they can recover, and water well