Tips for Success
- Print your test confirmation email, if provided and bring it with you on test day. Many exams will provide the student with a confirmation email when they register to take an exam; some exams require a student confirmation code (contained in the email) to take an exam.
- Check in advance to see if you will be allowed to use a calculator. Most exams will not allow calculator use, however, there are exceptions for some math, science, and business exams.
- Get a good night’s rest before you take your exam. It will improve your performance and concentration.
- Eat properly before you arrive to take your test. You will not be allowed to bring food or drinks inside the Testing Center, and in most cases, if you leave the Testing Center, your test will be considered completed.
- Come early. Arriving a few minutes early will give you a chance to use the restroom and get settled before beginning your exam.
- Leave your iPod (or other electronic devices) at home. Since you will not be allowed to use them while taking the exam, and the test proctor will not be able to monitor your belongings, save yourself the distraction and do not bring unnecessary electronics or valuables.
- Make sure you understand the test directions. Your test proctor will not help you answer exam problems, but he or she will help explain instructions.
- Ask the test proctor if you have any other questions!
- You can find more information about some of the exams we offer by following the links below. Clicking on these links will take you out of the SUNY Orange Web site. The college cannot be responsible for the content on these pages, although the links on this page have been reviewed and are recommended by the test center staff.