A.A.S. Degree in Architectural Technology
"Sitting down for my first day of architecture courses at SUNY Orange, the only thing I knew for sure was I was interested in design. What I did not know was the exciting journey that the program would launch me on, or how lucky I was to be sitting in that chair. Since graduation, I went on to receive two more architecture degrees, including a Masters of Architecture. More recently, I have opened my own design firm in Orange County doing work both locally and internationally. When I see SUNY Orange Architectural Technology on a portfolio, I see someone who's laid the foundation to become something great."
-- Chris Mansfield, Embrace Design Group
If you like figuring out how pieces and parts go together, or spending time thinking about how rooms and spaces can be arranged, a career in architectural technology may be for you. Architecture is everywhere and we spend the majority of our time living and working in buildings, or driving from building to building. As the entire Hudson Valley region continues to grow, opportunities are favorable for careers in building-related fields.
Architectural Technology graduates make careers, most often as CAD operators, in many different building related fields: architectural firms, engineering firms, building product manufacturers, governmental agencies, general contracting firms, institutional facilities, consultant firms, and kitchen and bath consultants.
Top 5 reasons you should study Architectural Technology at SUNY Orange
- Students form close working relationships with each other and instructors in a close-knit professional environment.
- Graduates enter the workforce as versatile and well-trained employees.
- Transfer opportunities exist for those graduates who wish to pursue a bachelor's degree.
- The Architecture Club provides an opportunity for students to travel and visit well-known architectural sites and build upon the camaraderie formed in the classroom.
- Students will leave the program with a digital portfolio of their work.
Student Portfolio Links
- A.S. Degree in Engineering Science
- A.A.S. Degree in Architectural Technology
- A.S. Degree in Liberal Arts: Mathematics and Natural Science
- Other Science Courses
- S.T.E.M. Spotlight
- Architecture Club
- Architectural Summer Camps
- Engineering Club