Am I Ready for Online Learning?
- Online Learning is a challenging learning format. Your success is directly tied to your effort and organization.
- Online Learning requires a high level of motivation and self-discipline, and you may spend more hours on coursework than you would if you took the same course in a classroom.
- Plan to spend 10 to 15 hours on assignments each week for each course. Some courses also require you to attend a classroom session a few times during the semester.
How do you know if you are ready to learn online? To determine if online learning is right for you, check the box next to the statements you can answer "yes"to:
If you answered "yes" to most of these statements, online learning courses may be a good option for you. You need to be self-motivated. The ability to communicate well in writing is essential to success.
To find out further if online courses are for you, here are a couple of web sites that ask you some questions. Based on your answers, they will tell you if you are ready for an online course or not.
- Are You Ready to Learn Online?* A 10 question survey that is scored after you take it and gives you feedback about learning online.
- Is Online Learning for Me?* 12 questions with immediate feedback.
*These links will take you off the SUNY Orange website
- Courses Offered
- In Angel:
- Help with Angel
- Are You Ready for Online Learning?
- Blackboard Migration Faculty
- Professional Development
Director of Academic Technology