For Prospective Students
- Do you enjoy intellectual challenge?
- Do you enjoy the challenge of working with others?
- Do you want to make a difference in the lives of others?
- If the answer is yes, then nursing may be the career for you!
Nursing is a career that is intellectually challenging and requires the ability to solve problems when caring for others. For those who desire to work within acute care settings and hospitals to those wishing to care for children or the elderly in the community, nursing may be the career path for you. With the increased need for nurses and the wide variety of careers from which to choose, you are sure to find your special area of interest. Nursing is a profession that provides for flexibility in work schedules and allows for unlimited professional development and personal growth!
Why Nursing at SUNY Orange?
The nursing program at SUNY Orange has the distinction of being the first Associate Degree Nursing Program in the country. This distinction has earned us the respect of the community we serve. The faculty at SUNY Orange are highly qualified with diverse experiences and areas of expertise. Our main focus is providing quality care in a caring environment. Our excellent curriculum will prepare you to enter the workforce as an RN.
Top 5 reasons you should study Nursing at SUNY Orange
- The first Associate Degree Nursing Program in the country
- Well respected by the community
- Commitment to caring
- Highly qualified faculty with diverse experiences and areas of expertise
- Develop competencies for an entry level position as a registered nurse
Curriculum of the Day and Evening Programs
To view the curriculum for the Day and Evening Nursing Programs, please navigate to pages 136-139 in the College Catalog.
Document of Nursing Student Policies
The nursing faculty developed this document to assure that students will receive consistent information and to serve as a guide for nursing students. This document includes policies and regulations specific to the nursing programs and supplements the general college policies for students.
- For Prospective Students
- Pre-Admission Orientation
- Nursing Labs
- LPN to RN, AAS to BSN
- Career Opportunities
- For Current Students
- For Nursing Alumni
Dagmar Strenk, R.N., M.S.
Interim Chairperson, Department of Nursing
115 South Street, Middletown, NY 10940