SUNY Orange Library Mission Statement
The SUNY Orange Library strives to meet the scholarly and educational needs of the college community by providing access to quality information resources, instruction and services.
The library resources shall support the curricula of the College, provide the basis for a well-rounded liberal education, and meet the research needs of the college community.
- Objective 1: Identify, select and acquire library materials to meet student and curricular needs.
- Objective 2: Evaluate and replace materials within the collection.
Provide an effective program of Library Instruction where students will learn the methods and processes necessary to effectively carry out scholarly research.
- Objective 1: Continue to expand and adapt the Library Instruction Program to include information literacy core competencies.
- Objective 2: Collaborate with academic departments to design assignments that allow students to develop information literacy competencies throughout their academic career.
- Objective 3: Develop an Information Literacy Assessment Plan to measure the impact of library instruction on student learning and to improve the delivery of instruction.
- Objective 4: Guided by the plan, conduct an ongoing cycle of assessment for continuous improvement
Provide timely access to a full-range of information materials and resources.
- Objective 1: Sustain the Information Commons environment by continuously evaluating and expanding services.
- Objective 2: Provide anytime/anywhere access to sources of information outside the immediate collection.
- Objective 3: Provide timely access to technology that supports productivity, efficiency, and information seeking behaviors.
Create a friendly, safe and supportive environment with trained staff and sufficient equipment and facilities to support the research process.
- Objective 1: Provide an adequate number of trained staff at public service points within the Library.
- Objective 2: Continuously add and upgrade equipment and facilities to support changing curricular and student needs.
- Library Services
- Campus Computer Labs
- Newburgh Library Collaborative
SUNY Orange Library
115 South Street
Middletown, NY 10940
1 Washington Center
Newburgh, NY 12550