Interlibrary Loan also known as ILLiad
What is Interlibrary Loan?
Interlibrary Loan (ILL) is an international cooperative program that was established to provide patrons with access to materials not owned by their libraries. Any current SUNY Orange student, staff, or faculty member who is not a delinquent user as defined by circulation policy may use the service.
What can I get through Interlibrary Loan?
Books, periodical articles, audio-visual materials, dissertations, and ERIC documents may be requested, as well as items that are lost, missing, or on loan from the SUNY Orange collection. New material requests will be attempted, but owning libraries may not be willing or able to supply the item.
Sending a book from one SUNY Orange campus library the other SUNY Orange campus library is called Campus to Campus delivery. To request a book from a library you are not in use ILLiad.
How long does it take to get my request?
Most items take between 48 hours and one week to arrive. You will be notified via e-mail when an item is available. Item(s) that have arrived will be kept at the circulation desk until the due date.
Campus to Campus delivery will take up to 3 business days.
How much does it cost?
Usually there are no charges for ILL items. We will inform you if the lending institution charges and will only send for the item if you have expressed a willingness to pay for it. For article requests, there may be copyright charges that you will be asked to pay.
How do I use the Interlibrary Loan system?
If you can't get the Full Text of an article look for the ILL Illiad Link to start the request.
To get books from other SUNY Libraries use the SUNY Union Catalog.
Using WorldCat to search for items
- WorldCat Local* is the online catalog of all material cataloged by OCLC member libraries including books, web sites, computer programs, films, slides, maps, manuscripts, musical scores, periodicals, sound recordings, and videotapes. If the SUNY Orange Library does not have access to the item it will be delivered through ILLIAD, the interlibrary loan system .
- Instructions for requesting an item:
- When viewing the search results review the search limits on the left side of the screen. Items in SUNY Orange Library will appear first followed by those of other libraries. Checkboxes allow you to limit the type of material to books, articles or audio/video.
- Scroll down to Find a copy in the library. Click on the Request item via Interlibrary Loan button on the right side of the screen. The Find full-text button on the left side of the screen under Find a copy online will check our e-journal subscriptions for immediate full-text availability.
- Sign-in to your ILLiad account. First time users* need to create an account. Right click on the link to open the form in a new window.
- Once you have signed in, the request form will appear. Check the form for accuracy, then click Submit.
Interlibrary Loan policies are available on the Library Policies page. If you have additional questions, direct them to the Reference Desk at 341-4260 or the ILL Department at 341-4254. E-mail inquiries can be sent to email@example.com.
- Library Services
- Campus Computer Labs
- Newburgh Library Collaborative
SUNY Orange Library
115 South Street
Middletown, NY 10940
1 Washington Center
Newburgh, NY 12550