Library Services for All of Newburgh
The combined resources and services of three major libraries available to all of Newburgh.
That's over 500,000 books and 100 library staffers working for you.
What it means
The Newburgh Library Collaborative (NLC) strengthens educational opportunity in Newburgh by providing access to our collective resources, offering research support, and teaching information literacy skills at every level.
Participating Libraries include:
- Newburgh Free Library
- SUNY Orange (Newburgh and Middletown Campuses)
- Mount Saint Mary College
- Newburgh Free Academy
What you get
The NLC libraries provide in‐person loan of library materials, reference service, and onsite use of collections to any eligible member of each participating library.
Policies regarding the use of materials and resources may vary at participating libraries. The lending library’s policies apply to all borrowers. For details, please see the NCLS Policies page.
Who can participate
Anyone with a valid library card and a photo ID or a college ID card will be issued a collaborative card.
How much will I save?
A NLC card is free. This saves the visitor’s fee of $50 at Newburgh Free Library, $5 at SUNY Orange Libraries and $20 at Mount Saint Mary College’s Curtin Library.
What else you need to know
- Borrowers must present the collaborative card for services.
- Borrowed items may be returned to any NLC library.
- Interlibrary loan service is provided at the user’s home library.
- NLC privileges expire after 6 months, renewable upon presentation of current documents shown above.
- Public access to the Newburgh Free Academy Library and its resources is not included. However, NFA students may use the other NLC libraries.
- Library Services
- Campus Computer Labs
- Newburgh Library Collaborative
SUNY Orange Library
115 South Street
Middletown, NY 10940
1 Washington Center
Newburgh, NY 12550