- Databases A to Z or By Subject
Search our periodical databases for full-text articles, abstracts, and citations.
- Database Apps from Ebsco and Gale. The full suite of Ebsco and Gale databases are now available as apps for your smart phone or tablet. For more information about these apps and how to properly download them contact Andrew Heiz the Electronic Services Librarian.
Search for specific journals available electronically and the databases in which they can be found.
- Subject & Research Guides
Use the Subject Guides to jump start your research. Subject Guides are lists of sources for the literature of specific disciplines, subject areas, and classes. The Research Guides provide instruction in the use of Library resources, such as databases.
TurnItIn is an internet utility that scans electronic versions of research papers for sections of text copied from electronic sources such as web pages, research papers, journal literature and others. The paper must be submitted either as a MS Word, .pdf, .txt, or other type of word processed format.
- Turnitin shows how much of the student's paper matches content from Turnitin’s databases so instructors can quickly understand how much of the paper is unoriginal.
- Matched sources from the paper appear in an easy-to-understand format revealing color-coded sources corresponding to non-original work.
- New York Online Virtual Electronic Library (NOVEL)*
NOVEL gives New York State residents online access to the full text of articles from hundreds of journals, newspapers and reference sources (e.g. Health & Wellness Resource Center, Masterfile Select, Custom Newspaper Database, Gale Virtual Reference Library titles).
Provided by the New York State Library, NOVEL is an online virtual library connecting New Yorkers to 21st century information via local libraries statewide. NOVEL is currently supported with temporary federal Library Services and Technology Act funds. New Century Libraries is an important statewide funding initiative currently before the Legislature that proposes permanent state funding for NOVEL.
- Archive/Digital Project*
In collaboration with the Hudson River Valley Heritage Digital Initiative, the SUNY Orange Library is in the process of digitizing some of the archival material in its possession. This collection documents the lives of the Horton and Morrison families and the evolution of the college.
- Library Services
- Newburgh Library Collaborative
SUNY Orange Library
115 South Street
Middletown, NY 10940
1 Washington Center
Newburgh, NY 12550