In addition to our regular courses, Encore offers Travel-Learn opportunities. These are one day trips, sometimes with a pre-trip or on-the-bus lecture. They are most often scheduled during the early part of the college's Fall and the later part of its Spring semesters. They feature unique opportunities to visit actual sites and learn first-hand. Occasionally they are also offered during the January intersession and the summer months. All trips are open to MEMBERS ONLY.
Saratoga Theater of the Performing Arts NYC Ballet's Program
What an experience! Members were dazzled by the New York Ballet's three-part program:"Firebird"
, "Russian Seasons" and “ Jeu de Carte”. All of this was presented at Saratoga's impressive outdoor theater on a perfect summer day. Beforehand, we were served an elegant lunch at the impressive Hall of Springs.
Bard College's Summerscape Production, Noel Coward's "Bittersweet"
Encore's summer trip brought members to Bard College for the production of Noel Coward's operatta. Before the matinee, participants enjoyed a leisurely stroll and lunch at the restaurant of their choice in Hudson, NY.
Past Encore Travel-Learn Trips
Over the years, Encore Travel-Learn trips have included:
- Thomas Edison Laboratory & Estate Edison, New Jersey
- Frederick Church's Hudson River Estate, Olana
- New York Aquarium
- Museum at Bethel Woods
- NY Maritime Museum
- Steam Town Steam Railroad Museum Scranton Pennsylvania
- Ellis Island Museum & Grounds
- New York City Tenement Museum
- New York Botanical Gardens & "Moore In America" Sculpture Exhibit
- FDR & Vallkill Estate
- Natural History Museum
- Bard College Summer Theater: Gershwin's "Of Thee I Sing"
- Hudson River Maritime Museum