Want to know more? Start here:
- celebrates its second decade of service to our students.
- is open to everyone in the tri-state area.
- is modeled after senior learning programs across the country. It was originally proposed by Gertrude Mokotoff, Professor Emeritus, SUNY Orange.
- is sponsored by SUNY Orange/Orange County Community College. The college allows the use of its classrooms and instructional spaces after all academic needs have been met.Many of SUNY Orange's faculty teach in the Encore program.
- creates new and exciting courses, special events and travel-learn opportunities from surveys of its members, potential instructors, and the Encore Steering Committee.
- determines class size based on the available facilities, course content (lecture/hands-on, etc.) and effective learning strategy requirements.
- covers its other expenses through annual membership dues, members fees for additional courses beyond those included in membership, and fees for the various travel-learn opportunities.