Future Teachers Association
To inspire future teachers by creating a community in which leadership and learning experiences are shared.
Inspiring the world by leading and learning.
Respect, Enthusiasm, Effective Communication, Appreciation, Active Learning.
BioTech 251 Education Department Lab Classroom; Tuesdays at 11:00 am.
- Awarded $2000 in scholarships (four $500 Scholarships).
- Conducted book giveaways at campus events for children.
- Organized guest speaker on educational topics.
- Coordinated bake sales and food giveaways.
- Attended the NCTM Eastern Regional Mathematics Conference in New Jersey.
- Set up a display at the SMART Links Pattern exhibit, and volunteered to show the community hands-on activities.
- Each semester hosted an educational dinner with a local public school teacher.
- Participated in the Club Fair.
- Attended the Ten County Mathematics Conference in Minisink, NY.
- Hosted a Leadership Conference and dinner with guest speaker Steve Harpst.
- Volunteered for the Phone-athon.
- Hiked together over Spring Break.
- Created a banner for FTA.
- Held regularly scheduled meetings, both for officers and for the general membership.
- Raised money through Humani-tees and other fundraisers.
- Planned a summer rafting trip.
- Worked to improve communication and share leadership among group members.
For more information, contact Elizabeth Tarvin at 341-4482 or email@example.com.
- Areas of Study
- Course Description
- Field Experience
- Lab Schools
- Future Teachers Association
- News and Events
Elizabeth Tarvin, Chair