Student Learning Outcomes
- demonstrate the ability to think critically when performing radiographic procedures.
- demonstrate the technical skills necessary to create quality radiographic images while applying radiation protection practices.
- effectively interact and communicate with the public, patients and members of the healthcare team.
- demonstrate the ability to properly care for patients.
- with speed and accuracy, meet these following technical standards:
- place the patient in position, set the controls of the x-ray machine and evaluate the quality of the radiographic image.
- provide patient instructions and respond to questions and requests in both routine and emergency situations.
- transport and assist the patient, and to move the x-ray machine and image receptor to the desired position, including operation of equipment in the surgical suite and at the patient’s bedside.