Orientation for the Fall 2017 class will be held on Thursday, March 30, 9am in Bio Tech room 201
Note: This orientation is mandatory to be considered for admission to the Phlebotomy class. Please arrive early to secure a parking spot, be on time and bring a pen. Once the orientation begins late arrivals will not be admitted since this is a major distraction to the group.
Also, please note that you must have a GED or high school diploma prior to taking the course.
Approved by the National Accrediting Agency for Clinical Laboratory Sciences (NACCLS).
5600 N. River Road
Rosemont, IL 60018
Clicking on the link above will take you away from the SUNY Orange web site. The college cannot be responsible for the content of this external web site, although the web page linked to here has been reviewed and is recommended by members of the Laboratory Technology Department.
- Attendance at pre-admissions orientation.
- High School Diploma or GED is required.
- Successful completion of a physical examination which includes Tuberculosis screening, proof of immunity to measles, mumps, rubella and varicella.
- Successful completion of a criminal background check and a 10 panel drug screen.
[ top ]
7 credits, 210 hours, 15 weeks
Training in drawing and handling blood samples for laboratory testing in hospitals, doctors' office, and large service laboratories. Emphasis on approved methods and safety, medical terminology, anatomy, and laboratory procedures.
Students are eligible to sit for National Certification Examination upon successful completion of this NAACLS approved course of study.
[ top ]
- WEEKS I, II, III - students attend class on campus Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursdays 1:00 PM - 3:00 PM.
- WEEKS IV - XV - Students report to their assigned clinical facility. The day begins anytime from 6:00 AM to 8:00 AM. It may be three mornings per week (Tuesday through Thursday), two full days (Monday and Friday), or a combination of these times. Students continue to attend lecture on campus on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday from 1:00 PM to 3:00 PM. This schedule is subject to change.
Enrollment is up to 15 students per semester.
Cost: Approximately $1700.00 (includes tuition, lab and student activity fee and insurance)
[ top ]
- The three year average graduation rate is 97%.
- The three year average pass rate on the Phlebotomy ASCP Exam is 94.5%.
- The three year average employment rate is 72%. Many of our students do not see employment but continue their education in the Nursing, Radiologic Technology, or Medical Laboratory Technician Programs.