New Construction Gas Operator Program
Full Scholarship Available ($25 Registration Fee)
SUNY Orange, in partnership with Precision Pipeline Solutions and Northeast Gas Association, is offering a Gas Operator Technician Training program that could lead to a career in the natural gas industry. Orange County’s Workforce Investment Board and Veteran’s Services Agency are also supporting the program.
- New Construction Operator Technician Classroom Training: Plastic pipe fusion and installation, inspection of pipes, regulation of gas meters, understanding the gas industry, location markings, and accident awareness and prevention
- Hands-On Instruction: Leak detection, pipe inspection, gas indicator reading, diagnostic-voltage, current, resistance, skills in pipe fitting, reading pipeline drawings, inspection of pressure gauges, installing meters and regulator, and safety techniques
- Soft Skills Training: Workplace competencies, business fundamentals, communication & teamwork skills, planning/organizing/scheduling, problem solving/decision making, introduction to resume writing, job search strategies and career readiness.
- Must be a United States citizen or must have the ability/right to work in the U.S. (will be required to provide proof of ability to work in the U.S. prior to program participation)
- Must be 18 years or older.
- Must have a high school diploma or GED/HSE (High School Equivalency)
- Must have top scores on administered reading and math screening test, as well as a Mechanical Aptitude Test
- Must commit to attend a 2 week full-time (8 am - 4 pm) training program. 100% attendance is expected.
Participants will also be expected to submit to the following requirements for employment:
- Must have accessibility to a car for reliable transportation (will be commuting to different work sites daily)
- Must pass physical requirements test – sit, stand, squat, lift over 90 lbs., and be able to dig a 4ft X 4ft X 4ft ditch
- Must submit to:
- A criminal background check
- A pre-employment screening for illegal substance
- A review of your Department of Motor Vehicles driving report (must have a clean and valid Driver's License)
For more information or to register for the next testing session.
Patricia Kelly - JIAC Grant Coordinator
SUNY Orange College
One Washington Center, Newburgh, NY 12550
(845) 341-9021, email@example.com
*Program funded by Job and Innovation Accelerator (JIAC) Grant
- Free Course Catalog
- Business Solutions
- Special Programs
- Testing Center
- General Info
- Contact Us