School Based Services
School-Based Assistive Technology Services
Consultation services include, but are not limited to:
- Providing suggestions to the educational team regarding implementation and use of assistive technology.
- Recommendations for modifications, changes and upgrades to existing assistive technology.
- Follow-up and follow-along of previously delivered assistive technology.
- Support the use of assistive technology in the classroom.
If a consultation leads to an assessment, an hourly rate will be applied to the assessment fee. Call for more information.
When an AT assessment is deemed necessary, the procedure includes an assessment of the student's abilities and needs, development of goals, recommendations of assistive technology devices, equipment trials and documentation related to the effectiveness of the trial use. Call for fee schedule.
- Initial contact
- Classroom Observation includes a meeting with the teacher and educational team members
- Follow up with student for equipment trials
- Extended Equipment trial as needed
- Comprehensive report with recommendations
- Initial equipment implementation and training
- 3-6 month follow-up as needed
Contact the Center for Assistive and Rehabilitative Technology at (845)341-4390.
Computer Lab Training*
Note: Take place in the SUNY Orange CART
Computer lab trainings provide hands-on assistive technology opportunities to public school personnel and families of students with disabilities.
These labs seek to promote the use of AT in the classroom and enhance the student's ability to access the general curriculum.
Programs such as Boardmaker, PowerPoint, Classroom Suite, and Microsoft Word are common topics for training; however, the programs and devices covered will vary based on advancements in technology and public interest.
*Specific need or request please contact CART at: (845) 341-4390
Practical, hands-on, performance-based instruction provided at the Center focuses on developing competencies in assistive technology as well as other types of technology (e.g., instructional technology, adaptive equipment) that can improve the education and quality of life of persons with special needs.
Customized workshops regarding topics such as assistive technology tools, assistive technology consideration, and assistive technology implementation and integration.
Upcoming workshops: To be announced soon.
- About Us
- Services Offered
- Calendar of Events
- Occupational Therapy Assistant (OTA) >
- Assistive Technology EXPO >
Center for Assistive and Rehabilitative Technology
115 South Street, Middletown, NY 10958