Voucher Request Forms should be submitted to the Business Office for invoice payment and reimbursements. The Request Form can be found below and should be filled out completely with departmental authorization. Vouchers must be submitted to the Business Office by Friday afternoon in order to have a check issued on Friday of the following week. Checks are issued every Friday unless otherwise notified. The College Community would be notified via a Grapevine Announcement when this occurs. Please note that all checks will be distributed via mail. They will no longer be available for pickup from the Business Office. If you require a more accessible version of any of the documents below, please contact Laurie Burns at (845) 341-4900.


Sales Tax

Please note that the College is exempt from paying sales tax and a tax exempt form must be used for all purchases that are taxable. There will be no reimbursement for any sales tax that has been paid. The Tax Exempt Form can be found below.

Travel Reimbursement

Employees will be reimbursed for travel expenses that are directly related to work duties.


When traveling for college related work, there are two options: car rental or mileage reimbursement. You may rent a vehicle from Enterprise Car Rental or use your personal vehicle and submit a voucher for mileage reimbursement. The college will only pay for the most cost effective travel cost to a work related destination. The Travel Reimbursement Form (below) should be used to determine the most economical way and be attached to the voucher along with Google Maps or Map Quest printouts. Please contact the Business Office with any questions.







Mileage is reimbursed at a rate that is determined by the IRS. The current rate, as of January 1, 2017 is $0.535 cents per mile. This rate is normally adjusted each January and will be posted on the web site as well as in a Grapevine Announcement.


Standard Mileage Distance

The mileage distance between the Middletown and Newburgh Campus is 28 miles for a one way trip and 56 miles for a round trip.

Mileage distances for all SUNY Orange travel pertaining to Nursing and Rad Tech Clinicals can be found either on this site or from your department.


When submitting vouchers for travel reimbursement, the address traveled to AND from must be specified on th voucher. If it was a round trip, please make that clear. In an instance where it is not a standard trip (Ex. Middletown Campus to Newburgh Campus, or the usual trips that departments such as Nursing and Diagnostic Imaging make where their departmental mileage charts can be used) the Business Office requires that a Google Map or Map Quest print out verification of the miles traveled should be attached to the voucher as back up.


Seminar/conference/workshop authorization form

The Travel Expense Form and Travel Reimbursement Form found below can be used to breakdown expenses for a college related trip. These forms must be completed in their entirety with conference information/agenda attached. Payment/reimbursement will not be made without attachments. Signature of Immediate Supervisor or Department Head is required. Approval from your area Vice President will be required for any reimbursement requests that are sent to the Business Office.



Cash Advance Form



Contact Information

Kim Paffenroth - 845-341-4910, E-mail:

Betsy Ivanchukov - 845-341-4925, E-mail:

Kirsten Elwood - 845-341-4902, E-mail:

Laurie Burns - 845-341-4900, E-mail:

† Following this link will take you out of the SUNY Orange Web site. The college cannot be responsible for the content of this external web site.