The Accounting Procedures Certificate offers you a one-year introduction to accounting and general business literacy skills.
Upon completion of their degree, students will:
- demonstrate knowledge of the accounting cycle, including preparation of financial statements in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- demonstrate analytical skills through finding, extracting and evaluating financial information to make sound business decisions.
- create and edit Excel spreadsheets to solve various accounting problems.
- research answers to accounting problems using a research database (FARS).
- explain the purpose and responsibilities of the professional accountant in the business community.
- express business information effectively in both oral and written form.
- learn critical thinking skills through an analytical business report project.
Recommendation Course Sequence:
|Course Number||Course Name||Credits|
|ACC 101||Accounting Principles 1||4|
|BUS 101||Business Math or|
|ACC 111||Personal Finance||3|
|BUS 103||Introduction to Business||3|
|BUS 161||Computer Applications for Business***||3|
|BUS 201||Business Law 1||3|
|ACC 102||Accounting Principles 2||4|
|BUS 105||Business and Society or|
|BUS 203||Business Communications||3|
|ACC 205||Accounting w/Microcomputer Applications||3|
|ACC 214||Accounting Practice*||4|
* Students must achieve a grade of C or better to graduate from this program
** Students with sufficient keyboarding abilitiy who pass the keyboarding waiver exam will fulfill this requirement; they do not need to replace the 1 credit.
*** formerly CIT 101 Microcomputer Applications
For a complete description of this degree and the individual courses, please refer to the College Catalog.
- Accounting Degrees
- Business Degrees
- Marketing Degree
- Medical Office Assistant Degree
- Office Technologies Degrees
- Middletown Business Club
- Newburgh Business Club
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Important Links
- VITA-Volunteer Income Tax Assistance
- ACBSP Accreditation
Suzanne Krissler, Chair
115 South Street
Middletown, NY 10940