A.A.S. Degree in Accounting
The Associates in Applied Science degree program is a two year degree that can get you started as a full-charge bookkeeper or junior accountant. You'll learn the basics of financial accounting and real world accounting practice from a faculty of experienced professionals. Your skills will be extended to tax preparation and information technology using the most recent accounting and business information software.
Upon completion of their degree, students will:
- demonstrate knowledge of the accounting cycle, including preparation of financial statements in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- demonstrate analytical skills through finding, extracting and evaluating financial information to make sound business decisions.
- create and edit Excel spreadsheets to solve various accounting problems.
- research answers to accounting problems using a research database (FARS).
- explain the purpose and responsibilities of the professional accountant in the business community.
- express business information effectively in both oral and written form.
- learn critical thinking skills through an analytical business report project.
Required accounting courses:
- ACC 101 : Accounting Principles I
- ACC 102: Accounting Principles I
- ACC 111: Personal Finance OR ACC 220 Accounting Internship
- ACC 214: Accounting Practice
- ACC 211: Income Tax Procedures I
- ACC 205: Accounting with Micro-Computer Applications
For a complete description of this degree and the individual courses, please refer to the College Catalog.
- Accounting Degrees
- Business Degrees
- Marketing Degree
- Medical Office Assistant Degree
- Office Technologies Degrees
- Middletown Business Club
- Newburgh Business Club
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Important Links
- VITA-Volunteer Income Tax Assistance
- ACBSP Accreditation
Suzanne Krissler, Chair
115 South Street
Middletown, NY 10940