The Alumni Council acts as the Alumni Relations arm of SUNY Orange. Specifically, the objectives of the Alumni Council are to:
- Create, enhance and promote a relationship between alumni and the College.
- Provide opportunities for alumni involvement.
- Promote and foster relationships that encourage alumni to interact with students and fellow alumni.
- Act as an "official" provider of alumni input to the Foundation, College and all communities.
Annual Events Committee
The Annual Events Committee assists with the planning of the following events:
- Reunion Weekend – November 6-7, 2015, Campus tours and academic department open houses, reception for all alumni
- Colt Athletic Hall of Fame induction ceremony and SUNY Orange Family Day, November 7, 2015
- Annual Holiday Open House December 5-6, 12-13, 2015
- Bowl-a-thon for scholarships, March 6, 2016, 3:00-5:00 pm, Quinnz Pinnz
- Alumni Reception prior to the Orange County Home Show Friday, March 18, 2016
- Pin the Graduates as they line up for Commencement, Thursday, May 19, 2016
- Monthly Alumni and Friends Book Club (2nd Wednesday of the month, September – June at noon in the Music Room)
Alumni GOLD (Graduates of the Last Decade) Committee
The SUNY Orange Alumni GOLD program celebrates Graduates of the Last Decade and focuses on inviting recent graduates back to SUNY Orange for social and networking events. The SUNY Orange Alumni GOLD planning committee will meet throughout the year. Ideas are generated through this group as well as the Alumni Council. Attending a GOLD event is a great opportunity to make new contacts and connect with old friends. Alumni from all majors are welcome to GOLD events to network, show support for SUNY Orange, or just have a good time.
This committee is charged with recruiting teams and fundraising for the annual Bowl-a-thon for Scholarships.
Internship and Business Opportunity Committee
Working in tandem with the Office of Career Services and Alumni Relations, this committee will assist in identifying and registering companies who have internship opportunities available for our students.
This committee is charged with expanding the College’s outreach to alumni and potential students through college, community and online activities. An attempt should be made to organize annual events in various Orange County school districts. Examples of past outreach events include hosting a table at the Monroe Cheese Festival and the Port Jervis National Night Out Against Crime, alumni fielding the alumni table on student life days and social media outreach.
For information on joining the Alumni Council or volunteering for a committee please contact Mary Roth at 845-341-4179 or email firstname.lastname@example.org