The Alumni Council acts as the Alumni Relations arm of SUNY Orange. Specifically, the objectives of the Alumni Council are to:
- Create, enhance and promote a relationship between alumni and the College.
- Provide opportunities for alumni involvement.
- Promote and foster relationships that encourage alumni to interact with students and fellow alumni.
- Act as an "official" provider of alumni input to the Foundation, College and all communities.
Annual Events Committee
The Annual Events Committee assists with the planning of the following events:
- Alumni Reception prior to the Orange County Home Show
- Reunion Weekend and Family Day including campus tours, academic department open houses, reception for all alumni, activities for children
- Colt Athletic Hall of Fame induction ceremony at Kuhl’s Highland House
- Annual Holiday Party – Tour Holiday Open House, Choir concert and reception in Orange Hall Gallery during the first weekend of the annual Holiday Open House
This committee is charged with recruiting teams and fundraising for the annual Bowl-a-thon for Scholarships.
Internship and Business Opportunity Committee
Working in tandem with the Office of Career Services and Alumni Relations, this committee will assist in identifying and registering companies who have internship opportunities available for our students.
This committee is charged with expanding the College’s outreach to alumni and potential students through college, community and online activities. An attempt should be made to organize annual events in various Orange County school districts. Examples of past outreach events include hosting a table at the Monroe Cheese Festival and the Port Jervis National Night Out Against Crime, alumni fielding the alumni table on student life days and social media outreach.
For information on joining the Alumni Council or volunteering for a committee please contact Mary Roth at 845-341-4179 or email firstname.lastname@example.org