PLEASE NOTE: Clicking on the links below will take you out of the SUNY Orange Web site. The college cannot be responsible for the content on these pages, although the links on this page have been reviewed and are recommended by the members of the Academic Advising Office.
SUNY Orange Annual Fall Transfer Fair
Middletown Campus - TBA
Location: Fireplace Lounge, 2nd floor of the George F. Shepard Student Center
Newburgh Campus - TBA
Location: Kaplan Hall Lobby/Great Room
Come by to explore the opportunities available to you and for a chance to win a prize!
Print out your ticket for a chance to win a prize donated by some of the participating schools: TBA
*Participation in the program is subject to change by visiting representatives.
[ to top ]
- Does your college accept the Associate degree (A.A. or A.S.) in place of your general education core requirement?
- What is the GPA required for acceptance into my major? Would it be better with my GPA (if lower than what is needed) to apply as an "Undeclared Major"?
- Will your college give me an "unofficial" evaluation of my transferable credits before sending in my application? Who actually does the transcript evaluation? (specific name).
- What is the possibility of transfer students living college housing?
- Are transfer students eligible for your scholarships? If so are they automatically considered or do they have to apply?
- Once I apply, how long will it be before I hear about acceptance and am told how many credits will transfer in my major? Remember: The "real" question in transfer credits is, "How many more credits will I need to complete my degree?"
- What is the name and phone number of the Transfer Counselor with whom I can speak directly?
- What percent of your graduates who apply for further education are accepted at those graduate schools? Or, if relevant, what percent of your students pass their professional licensing exam (e.g. – to be a certified teacher, public accountant, etc.
- How can I visit your campus? Are there specific open house dates for transfer students?
- Ask about personal things of interest to you (e.g. – clubs, intramural's, church or religious services, etc.) that will make your life as a student better.
- If accepted, will someone assist me in mapping out my course schedule and degree requirements?
- With regards to my major, does the college offer internships?
- What jobs are offered for students on campus who do not get awarded work study?
- What are some of the job offerings through Residence Life?
- Are there opportunities to create your own major? (combining other majors to create your own initiated degree)
- Do you give credits for "Life Experience"?
- What factors other than academics are considered in transferring? (e.g. – community service – is this important? Helpful? How about clubs and/or class officers?)
[ to top ]
- Walk-in Hours
- Contact Us
- New Student Advising
- Student Success Workshops
- Current and Returning Students
- Advising FAQs
- Ask an Advisor
- Transfer Advising
- Veteran's Affairs >
- Peer Advising Program
- Mission & Goals
Shepard Student Center
Student Services Central
† Advising Survey hosted by SurveyMonkey.com