All newly admitted students must attend a New START workshop (Student Advising and Registration Tutorial).
At the end of the workshop, students will meet with an Academic Advisor to create a course schedule.
The goals of this workshop are:
- To introduce students to college resources and support services
- To explain basic academic policies and procedures
- To set academic expectations
- To explain the next steps in the Registration process
- To introduce students to online resources within the MySUNYOrange account
- To better prepare students for their advising conversation with Advisors
Students will be able to schedule a New START workshop when the following criteria have been met:
- Student has been accepted to SUNY Orange
- Student has submitted immunization records
- Student has taken the Placement Test or been granted a waiver
To schedule a New START workshop, students should log in to their MySUNYOrange account, click on the Student Academics tab and check the Accepted Students Checklist box. When eligible, the link to sign up for a New START workshop will be live. The Admissions Department will also send an email with the sign-up link.
The New START workshop and Advisor meeting last approximately three hours. Please bring a valid photo ID and arrive 30 minutes prior to the start of the workshop.
If you have any questions about your invitation to sign up for a New START workshop, please contact the Office of Admissions at (845) 341-4310.
- Walk-in Hours
- Contact Us
- New Student Advising
- Student Success Workshops
- Current and Returning Students
- Advising FAQs
- Ask an Advisor
- Transfer Advising
- Veteran's Affairs >
- Peer Advising Program
- Mission & Goals
Shepard Student Center
Student Services Central
† Advising Survey hosted by SurveyMonkey.com