Advising and Registration Important Dates
What is Registration Advising?
It is your opportunity to plan your courses for next semester, meet with your Advisor, and then register for classes. This meeting is mandatory for all students. Students must prepare for their advising meeting and come ready to discuss course selection, academic progress, graduation requirements, etc.
Important Dates For spring 2016 REGISTRATION
- 10/16 Spring 2016 schedule of classes available online
- 11/2 Registration begins for currently enrolled students who have earned 30+ credits and those in a Health Professions or Exercise Studies program
- 11/3 Registration begins for currently enrolled students who have earned 15+ credits
- 11/4 Registration begins for all currently enrolled, returning and readmitted students
- 11/25 by 11:59 pm - Spring 2016 PIN’s are deactivated
- 1/15 Last day to drop classes for full refund of tuition
- 1/19 Spring 2016 semester begins
Important Dates For summer 2016 REGISTRATION
- 5/23 Summer Session I begins
- 5/23-5/24 Summer Session 1 add/drop period
- 7/5 Summer Session II begins
- 7/5-7/6 Summer Session 2 add/drop period
Students who met with an Academic Advisor and are eligible to
register online will be able to use their PIN #s to Add/Drop during the
first week of classes. Spring 2016 PIN #s will be active through Monday, January 25th at 11:59 pm to Add/Drop.
Part-Time Students: If part time and dropping a
course, it must be replaced with another course equal in credits on the
same calendar day to avoid any charges.
- Once the semester begins, students are required to
obtain the Instructor’s signature to register for an online
- After the Add/Drop period, students are required to
obtain the Instructor’s signature and the Department Chair’s
signature to add a course.
When Should I See My Advisor for Registration Advising?
- If you are eligible to register online meet with your Advisor beginning the 7th week of the semester once you know what classes you want to obtain your PIN
- You do not need the class schedule to be available because you have the freedom to create and change your schedule when you register online
- If you must register in person, meet with your Advisor after the online class schedule is available and once you know what classes and schedule you want
- You need the class schedule to be available because when you register in person you must have your registration form signed with selected classes
- Keep in mind that Advisors will get busier as registration approaches, so meet him/ her early to avoid long waits!