What is Registration Advising?
It is your opportunity to plan your courses for next semester, meet with your Advisor, and then register for classes. This meeting is mandatory for all students. Students must prepare for their advising meeting and come ready to discuss course selection, academic progress, graduation requirements, etc.
Important Dates For FALL 2014 REGISTRATION:
- 3/17 The Fall 2014 schedule of classes is available online
- 3/31 Fall 2014 registration advising begins; students need to meet with assigned academic advisors
- 4/14 Fall 2014 registration begins for currently enrolled students who have earned 30+ credits and those in a Health Professions or Exercise Studies program
- 4/15 Fall 2014 registration begins for currently enrolled students who have earned 15+ credits
- 4/16 Fall 2014 registration begins for all currently enrolled, returning and readmitted students
- 4/21 Summer 2014 New START workshops begin for new students. If you are a new student, go to our New Student Advising page for more information.
- 5/9-5/14 Spring semester final exams
- 5/20 Spring semester final grades available online
- 5/23 5:00 pm deadline to add/drop course(s) online if you have a PIN number (for Summer 2014)
- 5/27 Fall 2014 New START workshops begin for new students. If you are a new student, go to our New Student Advising page for more information.
- Advisors will have limited availability to assist Continuing students from this point forward. Please check our office hours and walk-in hours.
- 5/27 Summer Session 1 begins
- 5/27-5/28 Summer Session 1 add/drop period
- 7/7 Summer Session 2 begins
- 7/7-7/8 Summer Session 2 add/drop period
- 8/4 Fall semester tuition payment deadline
- 8/22 5:00 pm deadline to add/drop course(s) online with PIN number (for Fall 2014)
- 8/22 Last day to drop classes for full refund of tuition (fees are non-refundable)
- 8/25 Fall 2014 semester begins
When Should I See My Advisor for Registration Advising?
- If you are eligible to register online meet with your Advisor beginning the 7th week of the semester once you know what classes you want to obtain your PIN
- You do not need the class schedule to be available because you have the freedom to create and change your schedule when you register online
- If you must register in person, meet with your Advisor after the online class schedule is available and once you know what classes and schedule you want
- You need the class schedule to be available because when you register in person you must have your registration form signed with selected classes
- Keep in mind that Advisors will get busier as registration approaches, so meet him/ her early to avoid long waits!
- Mission & Goals
- RATE Your Advising Experience† >
- Hours/Staff Information
- Continuing Student Advising
- New Student Advising
- Advising Resources
- Student Success Workshops
- Grades & GPA Calculators
- Ask an Advisor
- Personal Counseling at the Wellness Center >
- Peer Advising Program
- Transfer Advising
- Veteran's Affairs
Shepard Student Center
Student Services Central
† Advising Survey hosted by SurveyMonkey.com