What is Registration Advising?
It is your opportunity to plan your courses for next semester, meet with your Advisor, and then register for classes. This meeting is mandatory for all students. Students must prepare for their advising meeting and come ready to discuss course selection, academic progress, graduation requirements, etc.
Important Dates For summer 2015 REGISTRATION
- 5/18 Tuition payment deadline for Summer 2015
- 5/22 5:00 pm – Summer 2015 PIN’s are deactivated for Summer Session I and II
- 5/22 Last day to drop classes for full refund of tuition for Summer Session I (fees are non-refundable)
- 5/26 Summer Session I begins
- 5/26-5/27 Summer Session 1 add/drop period
- 7/2 Last day to drop classes for full refund of tuition for Summer Session II (fees are non-refundable)
- 7/6 Summer Session II begins
- 7/6-7/7 Summer Session 2 add/drop period
Important Dates For FALL 2015 REGISTRATION
- 3/16 Fall 2015 schedule of classes available online
- 4/6 Registration begins for currently enrolled students who have earned 30+ credits and those in a Health Professions or Exercise Studies program
- 4/7 Registration begins for currently enrolled students who have earned 15+ credits
- 4/8 Registration begins for all currently enrolled, returning and readmitted students
- 8/10 Tuition payment deadline for Fall 2015
- 8/28 5:00 pm – Fall 2015 PIN’s are deactivated
- 8/28 Last day to drop classes for full refund of tuition
- 8/31 Fall 2015 semester begins
- Once the semester begins, students are required to obtain the Instructor’s signature to register for an online course.
- After the Add/Drop period, students are required to obtain the Instructor’s signature and the Department Chair’s signature to add a course.
When Should I See My Advisor for Registration Advising?
- If you are eligible to register online meet with your Advisor beginning the 7th week of the semester once you know what classes you want to obtain your PIN
- You do not need the class schedule to be available because you have the freedom to create and change your schedule when you register online
- If you must register in person, meet with your Advisor after the online class schedule is available and once you know what classes and schedule you want
- You need the class schedule to be available because when you register in person you must have your registration form signed with selected classes
- Keep in mind that Advisors will get busier as registration approaches, so meet him/ her early to avoid long waits!
- Hours/Contact Information
- New Student Advising
- Student Success Workshops
- Continuing Student Advising
- Advising FAQs
- Ask an Advisor
- Transfer Advising
- Veteran's Affairs >
- Peer Advising Program
- Mission & Goals
- Personal Counseling at the Wellness Center >
- Advising Resources
Shepard Student Center
Student Services Central
† Advising Survey hosted by SurveyMonkey.com