What is Registration Advising?
It is your opportunity to plan your courses for next semester, meet with your Advisor, and then register for classes. This meeting is mandatory for all students. Students must prepare for their advising meeting and come ready to discuss course selection, academic progress, graduation requirements, etc.
Important Dates For Spring and summer 2015 REGISTRATION:
- 10/14 Spring and Summer 2015 schedule of classes available online
11/3 Spring and Summer 2015 registration begins for currently enrolled students who have earned 30+ credits
and those in a Health Professions or Exercise Studies program
11/4 Spring and Summer 2015 registration begins for currently enrolled students who have earned 15+ credits
11/5 Spring and Summer 2015 registration begins for all currently enrolled, returning and readmitted students
11/17 Spring 2015 New START workshops begin for new students. If you are a new student, go to our New Student Advising page for more information.
- Advisors will have limited availability to assist Continuing students from this point forward. Please check our office hours and walk-in hours.
- 1/5 Tuition payment deadline for Spring 2015
- 1/16 Last day to drop classes for full refund of tuition for Spring 2015 (fees are non-refundable)
1/16 5:00 pm deadline to add/drop course(s) online if you have a PIN number (for Spring 2015)
- 1/20 Spring 2015 semester begins
- 1/20-1/26 Spring 2015 add/drop period
- 5/18 Tuition payment deadline for Summer 2015
- 5/22 5:00 pm – Summer 2015 PIN’s are deactivated for Summer Session I and II
- 5/22 Last day to drop classes for full refund of tuition for Summer Session I (fees are non-refundable)
- 5/26 Summer Session I begins
- 5/26-5/27 Summer Session 1 add/drop period
- 7/2 Last day to drop classes for full refund of tuition for Summer Session II (fees are non-refundable)
- 7/6 Summer Session II begins
- 7/6-7/7 Summer Session 2 add/drop period
- Once the semester begins, students are required to obtain the Instructor’s signature to register for an online course.
- After the Add/Drop period, students are required to obtain the Instructor’s signature and the Department Chair’s signature to add a course.
When Should I See My Advisor for Registration Advising?
- If you are eligible to register online meet with your Advisor beginning the 7th week of the semester once you know what classes you want to obtain your PIN
- You do not need the class schedule to be available because you have the freedom to create and change your schedule when you register online
- If you must register in person, meet with your Advisor after the online class schedule is available and once you know what classes and schedule you want
- You need the class schedule to be available because when you register in person you must have your registration form signed with selected classes
- Keep in mind that Advisors will get busier as registration approaches, so meet him/ her early to avoid long waits!
- Mission & Goals
- RATE Your Advising Experience† >
- Hours/Staff Information
- Continuing Student Advising
- New Student Advising
- Advising Resources
- Student Success Workshops
- Ask an Advisor
- Personal Counseling at the Wellness Center >
- Peer Advising Program
- Transfer Advising
- Veteran's Affairs
Shepard Student Center
Student Services Central
† Advising Survey hosted by SurveyMonkey.com