SUNY Orange 24-Credit Hour
Here's your second chance to earn your high school diploma!
- EARN a high school equivalency diploma (G.E.D.) after completing 24 college credits in the following areas with a cumulative G.P.A. of 2.0 (C) or better:
- Six Credits in English Language Arts, which can include writing, speaking, and reading (literature);
- Three credits in mathematics;
- Three credits in natural science;
- Three credits in social science;
- Three credits in humanities;
- Six credits in students degree program.
- APPLY 24 college credits to a degree or certificate program.
- ENHANCE career possibilities and earning power.
- ENRICH your life. All this can happen for you as a student in Orange County Community College's 24 Credit Hour Program.
ADMISSIONS REQUIREMENTS: You must be at least 17 years of age and answer yes to one of the following questions:
- Are you a member of a graduated high school class?
- Have you been out of high school for at least one full year?
- ADMISSIONS PROCEDURES:
- Complete application and submit it with a non-refundable $30.00 application fee to the Admissions Office.
- Schedule your Non-High School Appointment (Spring Appointments Coming Soon!) with an Admissions Counselor is required to explain the program and how it may affect financial aid eligibility. For more information regarding dates and times of these sessions, call (845) 341-4030.
- You must take a placement assessment to determine your skill level in English and math. If basic skill development is required, extra academic support will be provided for you. This will help you achieve your academic and personal goals here at Orange.
- Have your high school mail an official academic transcript of all work completed before you withdrew (required for students 18 or younger).
If this sounds like something you want - or need - to do, please call us at Orange's Admissions Office for more information and answers to your questions. The telephone number is (845) 341-4030.
*Admissions forms are hosted by Qualtrics
OPEN THE DOOR TO HIGHER EARNINGS!
The average expected lifetime earnings for a graduate with an Associate's Degree is more than $1 million, about $250,000 more than an individual with only a high school diploma.
Source: AACC - Facts About Community Colleges, updated March 1997.
- Admissions Home
- Prospective Students
- Degrees, Programs & Certificates
- Accepted Students
- Placement Testing
- Health Professions
- Honors Program >
- Summer College Readiness Program >
- Veterans >
- Tuition, Financial Aid and Scholarships
- Programs for High School Students
- Visit SUNY Orange
- Admissions Forms
SUNY Orange Office of Admissions,
115 South Street Middletown, NY 10940
†Admissions forms hosted by Qualtrics
Viewbook hosted by issuu.com