SUNY Orange 24-Credit Hour (GED/HSE) Program
Here's your chance to earn your high school diploma!
- EARN a high school equivalency diploma (G.E.D.) after completing 24 college credits in the following areas with a cumulative G.P.A. of 2.0 (C) or better:
- Six credits in English Language Arts, which can include writing, speaking, and/or reading(literature);
- Three credits in mathematics;
- Three credits in natural science;
- Three credits in social science;
- Three credits in humanities;
- Six credits in student's degree program.
- APPLY 24 college credits to a degree or certificate program.
You must be at least 17 years of age and answer yes to one of the following questions:
- Are you a member of a graduated high school class?
- Have you been out of high school for at least one full year?
The 24-Credit Hour Program is not intended to encourage students to drop out of school. Developmental and/or English as a Second Language courses cannot be part of the 24 credits.
How To Apply for the 24-Credit Hour Program:
- Complete application and submit it with a non-refundable $30.00 application fee to the Admissions Office.
- Schedule your 24-Credit Hour appointment with an Admissions Counselor; this is required to explain the program and how it may affect financial aid eligibility. To schedule your appointment, call the Office of Admissions at (845) 341-4030.
- Take your placement test along with the Ability to Benefit section.
- Have your high school mail an official academic transcript of all work completed before you withdrew (required for students 18 or younger).
If this sounds like something you want - or need - to do, please call the Office of Admissions for more information at (845) 341-4030.
- Admissions Home
- Academic Programs
- Apply Now
- Health Professions
- Placement Testing
- Visit SUNY Orange
- Accepted Students
- Quick Facts >
- Honors Program >
- Veterans >
- Programs for High School Students
- Related Services and Departments
- Admissions Forms