SUNY Orange recognizes that many students go through homeschooled instruction to obtain their high school diploma. Students who wish to enroll into SUNY Orange as homeschooled students must submit one of the following documents before they can be considered for admission into the college:
- A letter from the superindendent of the school district in which the student resides, indicating that the student has completed all the necessary requirements of Section 100.10 of the regulations set forth by the Commissoner of Education and has obtained the substantial equivalent to high school diploma.
- Documentation that shows a student has successfully passed the TASC exam, formerly known as the GED which is recognized as a high school diploma equivalency.
Home schooled students or parents who have questions are encouraged to contact Maynard Schmidt, The Director of Admissions at 845-341-4205 for more information.
Important information for New York State Residents:
"The Board of Regents does not approve correspondence study, including online as equivalent to a high school diploma for New York State residents".
- Admissions Home
- Academic Programs
- Apply Now
- Health Professions
- Placement Testing
- Visit SUNY Orange
- Accepted Students
- Seamless Transfer Process
- Viewbook >
- Quick Facts >
- Honors Program >
- Veterans and Military Services >
- Info for High School Students
- Related Services and Departments
- Admissions Forms