SUNY Orange Admissions Checklist

Use this checklist to guide you through the Admissions and Enrollment process at SUNY Orange.

Please be aware that you will be required to provide a driver’s license or government-issued ID (with photo) each time you request services from the College.

  • Attend an Admissions Information Session and read the online Viewbook to learn more about SUNY Orange.
    • Note the academic programs offered at Orange; Transfer programs (Associate in Arts and Associate in Science Degrees), Career Track and Technology programs (Associate in Applied Science degrees and Certificate programs).
    • Read carefully Application Procedures Information and Instructions, including additional instructions for Health Professions applicants, Honors Program applicants, and International Students.
  • Submit your Application along with appropriate fee - $30 (new student), $20 (readmit student).
  • Have Official Transcripts Sent - Students are required to submit an official high school transcript or Official GED Score Report as well as official transcripts of every college they have attended. Students who are currently enrolled in high school or college course work will be required to submit their final transcript (including proof of high school graduation) prior to enrolling at the college. Official High School transcripts may be mailed or faxed to 845-342-8662 if accompanied by an official cover sheet from the high school guidance office.
  • Take the College Placement Test -All students who plan to enroll as degree-seeking students are required to take the placement test. This test determines college-level skills in reading, writing and mathematics and assists the College in placing students in courses at the appropriate level. There is a $25 fee which must be paid prior to taking the assessment (cash not accepted at Newburgh Campus). Transfer students may submit a waiver form (found at the above link) if they have successfully completed a college-level English and/or math course. For information on testing times, locations or to schedule an appointment, visit the placement test website.
    • Accessibility Services - If you have a physical or learning disability, you may be eligible for testing accommodations. Students must meet with the Office of Disability Services and provide documentation of their disability for consideration.  For more information, contact the Office of Accessibility Services at 845-341-4077.
  • Apply for Financial Aid & Scholarships   Students wishing to apply for financial aid, including Stafford and Plus Loans, must complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). The FAFSA becomes available in January of each year. New York state residents are eligible to apply for the New York State Tuition Assistance Program (TAP) and other New York State grants and scholarships. The deadline to apply for scholarships is March 1.  For more information, contact Financial Aid at 845-341-4190.
  • Submit Immunization Records   New York State Public Health laws require all students taking 6 or more credits to sign the Meningitis Information Response Form and all students taking 6 or more credits who were born on or after January 1, 1957 to provide proof of immunity to measles, mumps, and rubella in order to register for classes. You may have records faxed to 845-341-4872. For more information, contact the Wellness Center at 845-341-4870.
  • Sign up for a New Student Advising and Registration Tutorial (New START) All newly admitted students (freshman and transfer) must attend a New START workshop before meeting with an Academic Advisor to register for classes. Once students have been admitted to the college, received placement test results or a test waiver, and submitted immunization records, they may schedule an appointment for a New START workshop.
    • Readmitted students in good academic standing do not need to attend a New START, and should visit the Academic Advising website for available walk-in hours.
      Readmitted students on academic probation (GPA below 2.0) must attend a ReSTART WorkShop.
  • Make Arrangements for Payment   The Bursar Office makes available the following payment options to assist students in meeting the payment deadlines: cash, check, money order, VISA, MasterCard, or Discover credit cards, finalized financial aid, on the Tuition Pay payment plan. For more information, contact the Bursar Office at 845- 341-4830.
    • Veterans Benefits   If you are eligible for educational benefits as a veteran, an active member of the military, or a dependant of a veteran, contact Kelly Jonigan at 845-341-4071 to be certified for benefits and for information about available resources.
  • Submit Certificate of Residence   Each student residing in New York State must file a Certificate of Residence. Education law states that the Certificate of Residence can be submitted no earlier than 60 days before the semester start date and no later than 30 days after the semester start date in which the student is enrolled. Failure to submit a Certificate of Residence will result in the student being billed at the non-resident tuition rate.  For more information, contact the Bursar Office at 845-341-4830.

If you cannot come to see us in person, we will be happy to discuss your situation on the phone at 845-341-4030. We look forward to serving you.